Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
It would be great to be able to assign notes describing the reason behind each status change - so that activation decisions could be made across these unique subsets by searching the notes for certain phrases.
For instance, adding the note "temporarily out-of-stock" would allow me to search for this phrase within the notes to unpause these keywords when the items are back-in-stock.
All the feedback since this time last week has just been copy/pasted into the report - and there is room for plenty more. So please feel free.
As always, thanks for taking the time to post your suggestions and feature requests.
Also, I'd like the option to be able to disable the warning about having the same keyword in the ad group with a different match type. When it slides up, it takes up way too much of the screen. Once I've been warned, I should be able to turn it off.
I hope this has been mentioned a few hundred times already so that I can re-state it to further stress the importance:
As an agency, SEM, or account-manager, it is absolutely essential to have one single point of interaction across all campaigns and customers. I thought this was what the MCC was for, but apparently it is not. Right now it's just a set of pages that collect information from other pages, there's no control the other way round.
- Central billing in MCC for all customers is an absolute must.
- One single login email and password to every customer account we manage is a must.
- Creating new customer accounts using the MCC email&password is a must
Say I get 100 customers to manage during a year. Of course "I" is not only me, it is my whole team. So, we are a few people with access to a central MCC (*) which -- again -- has access to all customer accounts.
All customers must be paid from the same MCC account. It is absolutely a no-go if team members have to enter payment information each time a customer account is created. Payment information is already on the central account (MCC) and it should be possible to use that when creating a customer account, just by clicking "OK"
All team members have access to all customers and campaigns by means of the MCC. But, in order to create a customer account we have to create an extra email account and password per customer! That makes no sense at all! If we get 100 customers to manage AW campaigns for, then we will have to set up 100 email accounts and store 100 passwords - and then forget them?!. Imagine how large the probability is that "something" will go wrong somewhere.
Team members should of course just create a customer account as a "branch" under the "trunk" that is the MCC. Same access code, same API, same billing information. As simple as that.
The AdWords login to the MCC and customer accounts around here is a business issue. It's not a personal thing like if it was my personal AdWords account for my personal site(s).
We don't really like to see AdWords coupled to search history, to gmail, to my maps, or whatever. It's perfectly fine that employees use all possible kinds of Google products privately, but the Google products that are used in a company setting should not be integrated using the cookie.
Ie. if I'm logged into adWords I don't want to be logged into personalized search or other Google products. If I could choose, my login should only be valid for the AdWords service.
(that way I could also check my personal Gmail while I'm logged in to corporate-use Google services)
Case in point - a week ago I started a new campaign, and as is my wont, I created two or three text ads for each ad group, and in the campaign settings, set the ads to rotate evenly, rather than the better performing one more often (because I'm always testing testing testing). Well that somehow never 'took' - for each ad group, one ad shows 95% of the time and the remaining ad 5%. I checked all my settings, went into the change history tool to make sure I'd not forgotten a step, but still no go. Now I'm up to three text ads per ad group, but still only one is showing regularly. I made several inquiries to support, only to get an answer today that there are "issues" with ad scheduling right now, they've been going on at least a week, and the engineers are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.
I'm not talking about small glitches that might be resolved in an hour or even maybe a day - but if something's going on for a week or more, we need to know about it. I even understand that it takes a while to fix things sometimes - I just want to *know*, so I don't waste my time. I don't like working in a vaccuum.
For ad groups that contain keywords on differing match types where keyword specific URLs are needed (in order for internal tracking to track keywords + match types uniquely)... it's impossible to test landing pages via the ad text's default URL.
The ability to dynamically pass the match type - along with the current ability to pass the keyword - would resolve this issue.