Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
One of our main sites has vanished in the last week. During the last few days, its been there one minute but gone the next, now it really seems to have vanished. This could not have come at a worse time, its like a nightmare...
What I'm confused about is the timing. Normally sites get dropped (for whatever reason) during an update - so why now? Any ideas?
The kosher sites I've had running (good content, etc) have sucked over the last six weeks.
The site I set up, 5 weeks ago, to test if google is really doing phrase searching, interesting results. Of course due to the TOS I won't tell you what that site id, but if I wanted to know how to cook on a norfolk broads boat I might see some strange results.
Apparently myself and makemetop were about the only ones to get on Sunday's "new site inclusion list".
You really can't read too much into my results just yet though because both sites average <100 uniques a day.
It does seem that their system is kinda UN-FARE , they say it's not their fault, that the system automatically does stuff like that.
Well who programmed it to throw certain sites out , when these sites have seemingly no problems and conform to their rules and are still throne out .
hmmm, something's fishy! O WELL , there's always more than one way to skin a cat.
wow, what the f... I thought I was posting a response to the 2nd page, SORRY.
This post pertains to wy google throes out certain sites but not others.
[edited by: jaman at 1:55 pm (utc) on June 10, 2003]
My site was not were to be found in any of the databases even typing its url
Its only a few minutes ago when I realise that is a new datacentre www-fi and just out of curiosity I type my url and there it was my website
I them comeback to all other datacentres and the same search produces no results.
Then I come back to www-fi just a few minutes after my successfull search and the same search this time produces no result - ie my site is not in the index
So my question is
Is this good news and it may mean that my site is going to be re-indexed when this settles down?
Is it possible that when I found my site on the index this was just a reflection of the past, ie, before my site got banned?
I hope my question make sense and I do thanks in advance for any possible answers
1) While starting a new treads, try to think of a title and descrition that gives clues about topic. You might get better responses that way.
2) Relax 2 hours a day, get links 2 hours a day, and sleep 2 hours a day, as usual.
3) Forget about any URL, or pagerank, or back links in any datacenters, for any keyphrase at any time, untill you read something new on homepage here about it.
4) Read all previous treads about related topics posted recently this Google News forum, 2 hours a day. Make it part of your job ( yes there are some efforts involved).
5) Please post again if any question.