Thank you for considering becoming a Moderator at WebmasterWorld.|
What we are looking for in Moderators is experience, a helpful
attitude, long term commitment, trustworthiness, dependability, and
knowledge of their chosen forum.
Although we believe that no set of rules or requirements could eclipse one simple
requirement, a willingness to contribute to the community, we do have a small
set of requests for our Moderators for them to use as guides.
- Users that ask questions should get some sort of reply. If you
don't know the answer, wait and see if someone else does. If not,
point them in the right direction or put out a general plea for
- Moderators are asked to refrain from any commercial or self promotion activities.
Moderators should bear in mind that their contributions may generate referrals for their services and business and referrals are often generated from their profile.
- Valid email and url are asked in moderator profiles.
- We support moderator's goals when we can.
- Be respectful of all users at all times. Keep an 'up' tone.
- If a user becomes a perpetual problem please do your level best to deal
with the situation, and if still a problem do ask one of the Administrators to
deal with it. We are 'nice' here and everyone but the problem
children get a full benefit of the doubt.
- If something shouldn't work out and we have a major disagreement
that means you want to step down or leave, or we ask you to step down, please do so in good faith: We asked in good faith.
If you would like to apply to become a Moderator, send any of the Administrators
a StickyMail with the forum you are requesting and a brief note explaining why you
feel you would be good for such a forum.