Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: incrediBILL
Apple Inc. launched a version of its Safari Web browser for Windows-based PCs on Monday, pitting it against Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox.
"What we've got here is the most innovative browser in the world and the most powerful browser in the world," said Apple CEO Steve Jobs said during his keynote speech at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference.
Safari, which was released a few years ago for Apple's Macintosh computers, has captured about 5 percent of the world's market share for Internet browsers with more than 18 million users, Jobs said.
Yes indeed! I have found some real site blow-ups that need tweaks - divs not working as expected and char width/ max chars in form fields that are going nuts.... Just more compatibility issues to deal with :(
I do find it very interesting to experience 'the other side'. Sort of like a new toy...
[edited by: Jon_King at 8:25 pm (utc) on June 11, 2007]
The fix for others that might come across the same - it's to do with a missing font
1. install Safari
2. go to your programfiles/safari directory and open up the Safari.resources folder
3. copy the two Lucida Grande font files to the Windows>Fonts Directory
4. Rename the Safari.resources folder to anything else
5. try to open Safari, it won't open - dismiss the error message
6. go back and rename Safari.resources to it's original name
7. restart Safari and all should be there now!