Let's say you were considering a new web venture. You are thinking of collaborating with another person.
You have (but they don't have):
- a great domain name that cost a lot to acquire
- technical and SEO skills to build the site
- plenty of experience of running online businesses
- money to invest
They have (but you don't have):
- the passion to build the busines
- the skills to build the "people" network
- plenty of knowledge of the area the site will operate in
In other words, you have what they don't have, and vice versa.
How would you structure this deal to best advantage? Would you go in for a 50/50 split, throwing in expensive pre-purchased items such as domain name in return for their time?
Or would you propose a different split, as you're investing money and they are not?
Or perhaps you would retain ownership of the domain name until such time as it was paid for by profits from the busines, at which point transfer it into the business name?
Or some other deal?
How would you structure such a deal?