Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: open
I'm building a squeeze page for a seminar i'm putting together. I figured I would monetize it by presenting them a "special offer" if they decide to leave without signing up to attend.
I honestly have no idea how they're created, i'm assuming it's in java script but all my searches on this site as well as on the web have come up empty. this is what i want to do:
1. user decides to leave my page without registering for an event.
2. a drop down is activate saying "before you leave I'd like to present you with a special offer. click ok and you will be taken to the offer where if you'd like to take a look click ok, if not click cancel"
3. they click ok to continue
4. they're directed to an ebook pdf purchase page that then immediately has a drop down that then gives them the ability to stay and look at the page or click cancel to be returned to wherever they came from.
5. help. i don't have a clue what goes into creating one of these.
sorry if this is posted in the wrong section
just so as you know what company you are seeking to keep ..:)
and why no-one here is ( hopefully ) going to point you at a "copy / paste" script ( BTW almost all scripts of this sort trigger either alerts in browsers or get auto blocked by modern browsers ) ..what is more acceptable ( but irritating nonetheless ) are dhtml "slide ins" that you as a surfer can dismiss ..
there are many commercial apps than can make them seamlessly for you if you cant code your own ..
and as I'm aware of at least one member here who sells such apps ..dont ask me for the "how to" :)