Have any of the sites which have been affected by update Penguin 2.0 or the other update on 5th June (could be Penguin 2.1) noticed any sign of recovery?
Here's what I've done:
I was initially hit fairly hard by Penguin 2 as I have many #1 and #2 rankings. I then dropped down to below name brands and a few independents. Lost 30% of the traffic.
I did a reorganization of my pages where more content was pushed to the top of the page and I added a bar to the right which offerred related links within my own site that were very specific to the keywords on that page. I offer more information than most of the independents in my niche, so I took advantage of that fact. In the 8 months my site has been up I've developed a fairly large number of returning visitors.
The result is that the traffic I get from google is now only 10% below what it was before Penguin 2, instead of 30% below. I'll never move above the brands as they are given top spots even if undeserved.
Previously I had been having trouble getting bing to index my site at all.
I was already working on doing a split test between between adsense and media.net and had a contact at media.net. I asked my contact if there was anything he could do about the lack of indexing by bing. He said not really as media.net only handles the ad side of things. However, two days later my logs began to balloon with bingbot hits and this continues to this day. The traffic from bing isn't that much yet as my pages aren't ranked nearly as high in bing as they are in google, so that's going to be one of my next things to figure out.
Overall, I'm hoping to not only replace the lost traffic from google, but increase well above it.
I noticed no change on the 5th of June. I did have a particularly bad weekend (8th and 9th) with adsense however. Very low CPC and CTR. Had been trending up until then.