Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
So whats the course of action next:-
- Sites in the index (webmaster tools)
- Site:command does not list home page first (500+)
- Doesnt rank for one single keyword anywhere that we can see
- Site has dropped out of the SERPS for all keywords.
- 100% of Google traffic vanished so penalty is as good as a ban
If i go for a re-include request (the sites already included)
What would / can you do - is the site now a write off in relation to google?
- supps are fairly new to me, but my site has been 98% in supplemental for a couple of months now, cache from mid May. There are a few pages not in supps, and they can show up in SERPs.
- as of this week my index page is not the first page listed with a site:command, traffic dropped from bad to worse
- when I type in www.mydomain.com I see some pages of mine and other sites mentioning my site with huge snippets
- my index page does still rank OK for a couple of terms in the title
This is balanced out by the fact that many of the "quality" sites I compete against are also having problems of one kind or other, some with the same symptoms. One of my competitors is well known, has a brick and mortar store, large site no affiliate stuff, lots of articles written about them in print and online publications, but they seem to have issues that started around the same time as me.
That suggests to me that it's Google screwing up (at least somewhat), by leaving out decent sites in favor of interlinked blog spam and throwaway domains.
I can hear it now "It's almost Xmas, engage basketcase algo!"
"I believe this site has violated Google's quality guidelines in the past"
Whether you actually believe it or not, or even did something or did not. Sometimes it really is duplicate content, or just bad SEO or something stupid like a 302.
Perhaps someone can enlighten us from a legal perspective since you are forced to check this box.
If you are a legitimate company and feel you were wronged by a former employee or an unknown competitor, is this something you would check?