Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: open
This web site is for private viewing by invitation only. Please enter the first name of the person who invited you to view this web site: ____________
From here, if the person enters one of two or three different first names, access is granted, otherwise denied.
The purpose is not for security, but to create the appearance of privacy for legal purposes.
I would prefer to avoid CGI. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The principle is simple:
if name = allowed names
then let them into the 'private' area
else tell them they can't get in
appearance of privacy for legal purposes
This script will take an entered word (name or password) and then load a page that has that same name. They must know the name of the page in order to load the page.
In your case:
- You ask for the name that has invited them here to your site, say either Name1, Name2, or Name3.
- You have in your web space three pages named Name1.html, Name2.html, and Name3.html.
- Whatever name is entered at the Gatekeeper will return the corresponding page to the browser.
- This might also benefit you by being able to tell, through your logs, which inviter is getting the most action.
- These three pages could all be identical copies of each other or personalized with text or something referencing the person who invited them.
You should be able to find the script if you google Gatekeeper (I don't know where I got it from) or I could e-mail it to you if required.