Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: open
Fixes the bug:
* Switching to an inactive datacenter (currently www-sj or www-zu).
* Using a US-based proxy.
Does not fix the bug:
* Switching between the 7 active datacenters.
* Removing URL parameters other than q=.
* Using www.google.co.uk (even though this causes him to see .uk ads).
* Using Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla.
Can anyone in Australia (or with access to an Australian proxy) confirm or disconfirm? Also, is there any evidence other than this that Google uses country-specific databases for English spelling correction?
You type in a two-word search term, in the format "A B".
It's amusing to click on their suggested "A B B" suggestion, and see it come up with "Did you mean A B B B?"
You can keep going ad infinitum :)
We've always had trouble with spelling corrections because down here we speak English or Australian, not American. And no Google, I never mean Optimization I always mean Optimisation, just like I type it.