Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
Simply put down the following information in ur reply:
1) what's the problem, (no url posting), use simple words, like site vanished, PR dropped to a white bar/grey bar.
2) when did this happen. Please stick to the recent event, if you had problem since the last update, please do not post it here.
3) how long have your sites been online (from what I know, people who have sites online within the last 40 days are not in the same boat with people who have sites that over months old)?
4) what was the original PR before you had this problem.
5) I hope you all do have legit material (no spam), however, our guesses so far is that the new google algo may be strickier than before, so, put down what do you think that could caused a penalty on your site. (such as, it could be duplicated contents, hidden links). Remember, in simple words, no need to say why u had them. (To make you feel better, hey, if google never detected it before this update, then ur site is perfect legit up to now, nothing to be ashamed of)
6) You comments: what do you think is happening, and what do u want to say to google... (again, please do not use harsh tones. neither googleguy nor google owes us anything, they are here to help us to gain fortunes, they have their own reasons of making changes, we can't blame them for everything we see now).
So, guys, please share your thoughts, and moderators/admins, please keep this thread clean for useful information sharing. Thank you all!
2). This happened on May 16th-17th, when google seems to be "dancing" and moved results from datacenters to www
3). The site has been online Since December last year.
4). Original PR = 4, now still 4, just no pages indexed.
5). All legit material, no hidden links, cross linking, no linking farms. However, I did put up a few new pages that contain material from another site, but I do have the author's written permission to do so. The purpose of this is to share the information with people who are concerend and asked me questions regard to that on my site in the past months
6). GG, I know you are out there and reading this, and I know GOOGLE people are working hard to make the online world better for every one who are surfing, not just us webmasters. But please do not hurt our courages of creating more useful sites which benefits the others at the end. Thank you all for doing the wonderful job, and I still have fate in GOOGLE! And my site may just come back by next update. :)
joined:Dec 3, 2002
2) I noticed it was out of the index last night(may 19th)
3) Has been online well over a year. Recent site re-design though
4) Depending on the page it was showing 0-3 for PR.
5) I think it may have been to duplicate content(1page). Perhaps due to usage of WPG by a co-worker, or missing an alt image tag(one per page) which would not validate the HTML. The other theory was that it was always a fresh listing.
6) Not sure what is happening. I was going to send an email and checked google once more, and it was there. Kind of freaked me out. I think this is the strangest update I have seen. I hope it ends soon so we know whether or not to worry.
No longer indexed in 7 of 9 data centers, only 'ex' and 'in' have old February index.
Site now fluctuates between PR (0) and Greybar
The site went up in December, 2002. It has static pages and no hidden text or links or other spam and continues to keep up with fresh content.
Just got a bunch of new links in April, of which some are showing as a search for our company name. but still we're not indexed or show any backlinks in the new update so far.
joined:Jan 10, 2003
No problem for me personally, ranking are reletively unchanged.
But new pages 4/5 weeks old, not found but they were 2 weeks ago.
Old deleted pages are now showing.
A potential client called me the other day, he thanked me for my detailed email explanation regards SEO for his site,
he then went on to explain to me the "basics of SEO" and the importance of PR.. lol and I should work on getting links to my site, cos it is a PR0, and will not be using my services at this time.
If he had not read my email carefully he would have been still unaware of PR
I couldn't even be bothered to attempt a constructive reply,
Ok mister, good luck
Laugh or cry -:)
"allinanchor:site.com"does not produce result for me, "allinurl" does, but only my home pages can be found. my 100 other pages are missing. This seems to be similar to "needinfo"'s problem. :)
dgcccomllc: I understand your pain. (I believe people who read this thread all do) But please stay calm, believing there are others who are losing more money than you do right now out there may just help a litte. :) Let's bare with google until this update finishes. I am planning to send webmaster at google a copy of this thread, hope they can read this and help us to fix the problems. :)
But in order to do so, we need solid quality error report here. So, let's keep that coming guys. :)
[edited by: dididudu at 10:45 pm (utc) on May 19, 2003]
1) When doing a search for one of my domains in the following format: "mydomain.com", the result returned is my url but when you click on my url you are taken to another site altogether. Now how weird is that?
2 & 3) I don't know when this happened. I've had the domain for about three years but had never checked for it in Google before because I wasn't using it until last week. It was just parked on the server with nothing on it for three years.
4,5, & 6) "Not Applicable" and/or "I have no idea."
Doing a links enquiry to the site displays either 11 incoming links or 54 at random; PR stays at a constant 5 but my search results are still being affected. Doing a search for my company name sometimes doesn't even yield any results....
Maybe best to sit it out and see that happens, I'm expecting a pretty quiet week at this rate though since half my business comes through Google :-)
The home page, which was #4 last month with allinanchor, has dropped off the map completely. One interior page is #25. The backlinks are there, and the PR is normal for the home page (in fact, it went back up to PR6.) Just the credit for the anchor text is MIA.
I lost my site listed in the google directory, but it is still listed in the dmoz page. (Is it currently being updated?)
I am I being penalized or semi-penalized (other topic)?
Just today, I've fielded questions from two sites that had hidden text and were taken out for 30 days. One site owner knew that they had had hidden text and one didn't. If you had hidden text on your pages and you think that might be the problem, you'll want to double-check that all the hidden text is gone. The first set of hidden-text penalties will be expiring over the next week or two. Sounds like that probably isn't an issue, but it's something to bear in mind.
My URL has been aggregated with a URL I don't own. All my traffic is now going to someone elses domain
I think this must be what happened to me. I figured I would be the only one with something that weird happening. Thank God it's a site that I just began work on and not one that I've spent years on.
Down to #48, being beaten by cloaked, hidden links websites.
Sent spam reports months ago for these...to no avail.
Since this site is not to make money and only to inform, I am thinking this new algo is going to make my life a lot easier:>)
(My commercial websites rose in the rankings.)
joined:Jan 10, 2003
with 30 sites, (hold on a bit I need to do the maths here)
1. Site vanished, all 20-some-odd pages of it.
2. Happened in the last ("D") update.
3. Site up/in G! since Feb 03, mostly indexed in "Cassandra", though ranked poorly, probably due to few (5?) incoming links.
4. PR1 for main page, PR0 for most "internal" pages.
5. Really can't imagine why I'd have been dropped (but see below). No cloaking, no redirects, no dupe content (except for the nav bar and the copyright disclaimer, but... no.) Nothing bad whatsoever.
6. I really believe (based on the pages indexed for other sites, both of mine and others) that this index was "built" on Deepbot data from the index prior to "Cassandra" (was that "Boston?") for reason or reasons unknown to us. I think that the links and pages added since that index, not to mention the dozens of pages spidered last month but not in the index, will show up either in the *next* update or the one after. For now, for me, all I can say is "thank the Goddess for AdWords!".