Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
Is there anyway for me to get G to crawl my site map but not index it?
[Does -sj seem like a REVERSE index with the crap bubbling to the top? I hope so!]
Some follow up questions on this topic:
1. So this should be on any page used as an index?
2. Does G handle this page differently in any way other than not indexing it but following the links?
3. For example, will it follow more than the 100 links or allow a larger page than 100k?
4. Will it increase the weight of the links?
5. Does it pass PR the same way? I would have to think it would be different since the PR of that page indicates how much PR is passed?
Just for the record our site name contains the keyword as does most of the anchor text linking to us.
GoogleGuy (or anyone else who might have an idea) is this because most of the data is not in sj yet? Will these results pass over to www? Any help here always appreciated.
www now showing the same results as:
but www2, www3, www-sj, and www-fi are different.
I agree, www is now showing something different. We are suddenly No 1 for about the biggest term you can get for our market (prev. No 7), yet on www2 we kind of disappeared. I guess www is the one that counts, though.
I think a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing in this game. All us amateurs here are looking at things like www-sj.google.com and panicking about the SERP's but we don't know what the hell it all means, and joe surfer is never going to see it anyway.
Next update time, I am not going to look at all these servers. When it changes on www, let me know.