Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: open
What is the best way have ONLY our static pages indexed by the search engines and not the dynamic pages ...we don't not want to get duplicate content penalties.
1. To reduce server load when being crawled
2. To reduce server load from paid search engine listings
3. To reduce server load when visitors click on our listings in search engine results pages
4. To deliver the same content to both visitors & search engines
2. Apache redirects?
Note that in our case I do not think cloaking by definition would cause any penality since the page delivered is almost identical except for the links?
1. Reduced server load(dedicated server) since the HTML pages will have NO php code to process.
2. The customers will not be browsing the duplicate PHP pages until the've added a product to their cart from an HTML product page which would would have the add-to-cart button submit to cart.php NOT cart.html ...thus the vast majority of our new customers would be able to browse through as many HTML pages as they like until they add a least 1 product to the cart. This should definitely allow for much more vistor traffic. At least that was our plan ...any better suggestions?
We plan on utilizing Zend Optimizer again to help speed up things on the server during the holidays ...made a tremendous difference last year!