Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: incrediBILL
There are a few things on my list:
1. Popups that spawn more when you close the window
3. Attempts to prevent me from going back by disabling the back option.
4. Sneaky redirects
5. Popups that tell you your computer is not safe.
6. Sites that require me to give my name, number, email when it serves no real purpose.
7. "dont steal my code" instead of view source (I am only looking you should compliment yourself chief)
8. The price of a pint (sorry thats a differrent list that I am compiling for BeerMasterWorld)
9. Automatic make hompepage attempts.
Any others? There has got to be.
11. FAQ's that are sales pitches (ie Where can I buy more of your widgets) and not really FAQ's.
12. Seeing my competitors doing better than me (fortunately not too much of an issue these days! :)).
2. Dead end pages, especially with a broken Back Button
3. 404 on a Contact Information page
Pop-ups that "fake" the non-client area so a second look is needed to close the "hassle ware."
The pop-ups that show the current User-agent (client IP) address to bait people into buying "protect-ware" drives me nuts.
"New" sites with tons of broken links.
Sites with myriad problems with Cust. Support e-mails links that are "dead."
Color schemes that make reading nearly impossible without grabbing the source and modifying it locally.
Webmasters who think they can hide their source code. WHY WHY WHY? Its just HTML!
Pages that open full screen without a close button!
Those boxes which look like windows promts i.e "You have a message Waiting" or "We have detected your connection to the internet is not optimized" and the offer OK buttons.
Words underlined that are NOT links at all
Also, sites that try to dictate what browser/resolution/etc. I should be using to view their site!