Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: incrediBILL
1) Slow loading pages. If it's slow on dsl, I'm gone.
2) People who over ride underlining of links.
3) Popups, Popunders, excessively annoying flash ads.
4) Stuff flying around the screen and embedded video.
5) Mass visual noise. Spammy menu systems with 10billion links so you have to dig to find the content.
Most of those can be dealt with by modern browsers with controls.
If you mean "bullet point," then why write "bull"
This ultra compact code stuff is all due to that CSS nonsense!
Best is to let spiders get the folder map
Our state department of education site won't let you copy anything, either. And the state mental health department site doesn't have a single line of contact information anywhere.
If this wasn't my job, I'd sure not waste time on a lot of these sites...
Second one would probably be whole site is made in flash and you have to watch their stupid intro when you hit the back button because they don't have it as a separate page.
Third is playing music... it's just unprofessional and stupid nowadays.
Fourth is an insane amount of pop-ups.
Fifth too many broken links.
Can any of you advise of the least irritating text size...
As a user, I'd say the least irritating text size is no text size. I prefer to view text at my browser's default setting.