Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: open
Better than the smiley, if a lot of people email a page to a friend, I'd give it a better indication of being a good site then clicking the smiley.
Either way, I'd love to see this feature on googlebar.
I always assumed that 1 click per IP would be all that registered - seems it would be too easy to abuse.
I must confess i have pressed the button twice, or even three times on occaisions i didnt notice the "your vote has been sent to google" message. :) is that spamming? :)
Dammit - near broken my finger clicking on that bloody smiley face! ;)
<<On the same subject, are there any other features that you'd really like to see in the toolbar?>>
...I would like to see a red button on the Toolbar labeled "Kill." Punch button, site vanishes from the index. I believe all of us here would find such a feature to be most useful. ;)
Features I'd like:
1. news search (I guess it will come).
2. much smaller google icon. Maybe just the "G"? I really tweak the hell out of what's on my top bars and it's cramped :)
3. Submit URL (unless that's really just a page done to humour us and no page gets indexed that isn't linked from another page, as someone here suggested to me)
4. list of links on the page (like IE webtools used to do)
5. List of images on a page (like IE used to do)
6. Date of url creation
7. Check box to turn on & off opening search in new page. Sometimes I curse myself for setting my google preferences to open in the same page. But when I switched to new page I would sometimes curse myself for setting it that way.
There was one thing I remember wanting but I can't remember. Hate when that happens.
Ah, what the heck, might as well throw in some more: I'm really waiting for Fast to do a toolbar with some of those brillant advanced search functions they offer at ATW! IP search, backlink search, and their leading news search, to name a few.
Ahem, although that may not make everyone happy :)
But in truth I think that's probably beyond the scope of the toolbar.
RE: ie file send, I stay away from microsoft email clients and their #@$#@ email button (they have one too) and file send don't work for me...
Google could use the anonymous data collected of traffic behaviour from the toolbar to feed the datbase of traffic estimates for each site. I am sure they are doing this already. ;)
Sites that do not want to be "ranked" could opt out somehow.
And we would all come to expect a high level of quality and speed with Google's browser.
I think it would be a perfect extension to Google's technology and a way of creating some REAL competition with Microsoft's browser and near-monopoly of instant messaging and other related online products/services.
could you add a toolbar for MS Outlook Express, which could let me search my email folders with the Google speed and accuracy?
Last but not least it would be fun for you guys to make such a pun at Microsoft.:)
Add a variable button for proximity of search.
For a search query: blue fuzzy widgets
0% would probably mean pages ranking highest for blue (one word) would turn up No1
100% would mean searching for "blue fuzzy widgets" as containing that exact phrase
(but not having to add the " ")