Forum Moderators: open
[smh.com.au...]
From the article,
"The exodus, discussed during a hastily announced conference call Monday, is a result of "irreconcilable differences" on the company's board, according to Evan Thornley, LookSmart's departing CEO. He said the board had been divided over company strategy and his refusal to step down as chairman after the firm's shakeup is complete.
"During the past few weeks, serious and honest-held differences of opinion have emerged between members of our board," Thornley said. He added that "unfortunately, they were not resolved."
Full-Text at:
[sfgate.com ]
Also: Original LookSmart News Release,
[shareholder.com ]
Thornley also described one of LookSmart's directors, whose name he did not disclose, as disagreeing with the company's strategy. That director, he said, thought the company should focus on another business altogether.
When a director supports bailing out of the business entirely, then it's definitely bad times. 'Course, we knew that already.
Bankruptcy to follow soon?
Let's hope so.
If this does happen, who will take control of the L$ search engines. MSN might go back to the way it was before L$ (I'll rank highly again :)). Will MSN then take control of the L$ search engine? Google? FAST? Yahoo? AOL ... ... ... the possibilities here are endless.
Doesn't the AOL chairman (or someone just as high) already sit on the L$ board?
Chris