Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
I have been reading this board for over a year now and this is my first time posting :)
We have a widget company in Malta.
Our clients are mostly tourists from the UK and Europe.
We rank in top 10 on Yahoo.com
We do not rank at all in Yahoo.co.uk
It's weird. I've read related posts here and have applied them and it has been over 6 months and no change.
- We are hosted on a dedicated IP on a UK server.
- Our whois information is our address in Malta.
- We are listed in Yahoo! regional directory under Malta.
- We have over 20 incoming links from Maltese websites (even some with .mt tld)
- We have 10 or so incoming links from .co.uk websites.
- We mention UK related information on our homepage and inner pages.
- Our domain is registered since 2005 and we are doing fine on Google.com and Google.co.uk
I just can't figure out why we are not listed on Yahoo.co.uk.
[edited by: martinibuster at 5:07 pm (utc) on Jan. 12, 2008]
[edit reason] Removed specifics. [/edit]
When I was at Pubcon, I asked the Yahoo reps about it and they told me to spend more money on Yahoo Search Marketing...
I am listed in Yahoo Directory already, as per my 3rd bullet.
Is there a such thing like Yahoo! USA Directory and Yahoo! UK Directory?
As far as I understand, Google says that buying ads with Adwords program has zero influence in their organic search algorithms. If the Yahoo rep you spoke to, is implying that your site would rank in Yahoo Japan after you begin spending money with Yahoo Search Marketing, then does that mean Yahoo! is boosting rankings of websites which advertise with them?
Also, did you actually try Yahoo Search Marketing and notice any differences in your ranking in Yahoo Japan?
Thank you all for the feedback.