There was some rather recent discussion on ViaWest, although I was unable to locate it.
10:29 pm on Nov 6, 2012 (gmt 0)
Block 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168
10:32 pm on Nov 6, 2012 (gmt 0)
I've got them flagged as "colo and servers" which generally translates as "shoot to kill" ;)
And it looks like I've met your identical robot. Wearing the same clothes--
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.215 Safari/535.1
-- and living in the same crack house, down to the last 101.
base directory structures
On its last visit, almost all attempts got logged in the form
/directory 301 /directory 403
which translates as:
1. wrong form of domain name redirected by host 2. directory name, still missing final slash, meets my htaccess before mod_dir gets a chance to do its stuff
It tried to fool me by requesting one named file followed by /errorstyles.css which is usually the mark of a wrongly excluded human. (Also Yahoo! Slurp and the plainclothes bingbot, but those are auto-ignored.) Yah. Nice try.
6:34 am on Nov 7, 2012 (gmt 0)
Yea, I had a rash of them since setting up our new server. Hadn't had the time to go back through my ipblock list to reverify ranges so we were a bit wide open. I got some really interesting logs if anyone really wants to see the mess bots can do on a 100k+ page ecomm site.