joined:May 16, 2011
I am new to this forum I hope you can help. I am working on a web traffic source report. I am trying to parse out the following types of search traffic.
- Organic Search
- Paid search from search engine pages
- Paid search from search partners
- Paid search from the content network
Here are a few questions:
1) How do you (or analytics programs) filter out organic traffic from a search engine like Google vs. traffic from webmail such as GMail (or Yahoo Mail etc.)?
2) How do sites filter out paid search traffic from organic traffic? We put a parameter on all paid links but the numbers aren't matching up so I don't think this method is dependable.
3) Traffic from the content network has no keywords associated with it so how do you tell the difference between that and organic search?
Any methodology or ideas that you can share would be much appreciated.