Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: mademetop
The business serves a niche market and has several websites with some moderate to stiff competetition. I need some advice as this is not something I am
1. What should a fulltime SEO (the only SEO in the business) bring to the table as far as technical skills go?
2. What areas of SEO should they cover as a minimum? Such as link building, Social bookmarking, Commenting, Articles etc to give the business the best bang for buck?
3. What about reporting and analytics? What would you expect as a minimum?
4. Proof of previous experience and success. How would you measure that?
5. Is £30K a year (in the UK) a fair salary for this position?
I'm sure this is too brief, what am I missing as I don't want to end up with someone that talks the talk but can't walk the walk.
Any pointers and help appreciated.
What you want is someone who clearly knows how to work with the on-site factors, can write exceptional content and has experience positioning webpages at the top of the organic search engine results pages for competitive keyphrases.
A good search engine optimizer is worth about $60,000 annually Canadian. A proven ethical SEO can go for $100,000 and more.