Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: mademetop
I am planing to sell my website. Can I find the agreement online some where. I just wanted to protect my self once the deal is done. I don't want to be involved in any kind of profit, loss or misuse of the website.
Would be great if someone can advice about the same.
Sorry, if I am in wrong Form.
Depending on the amount of money, you might want to get a lawyer involved in the sale. If a nominal amount, and you wish to have nothing more to do with it, an "As Is" sale is possible. If you have domain registrations, etc, you'll want to let those go as well, but as transfers, not sales (can't sell what you don't own). Other than that, I have no other ideas.
You can use fancy lawyer language, or plain speak, but whatever you do make sure the terms and conditions are IN WRITING so there aren't problems in the future.
Terms of the sale
1. All details of sale remain confidential.
2. Vendor and associated developer agrees to handover and destroy their copies of documentation and code for www.xyz.com, unless there is some future agreement directly between Purchaser and Vendor.
3. Vendor must remove the listing from advertising site.
4. That the Vendor knows of no outstanding legal issues, investigations, debts or challenges in any way that would or could be passed on to the Purchaser, in respect of www.xyz.com.
5. Vendor will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidentals, special, consequential, or punitive damages or loss relating to the use, or inability to use the domain name and website or in any other way related to the domain name and website.
6. Vendor will not be liable for any kind of claim in any form by the purchaser after the agreement is signed.
7. The Purchaser acknowledges that he/they are responsible for all profit and loss, domain renewal, hosting space, charges and any other expenses required for www.xyz.com.
8. The Purchaser acknowledges that all other trademarks including; .............are trademark(s) of their respective companies and buying only www.xyz.com