Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: mademetop
1) Can SEO footer have more links targeting the same page and using different keywords in anchor text?
(e.g. keyword 1 > target 1, keyword 2 > target 1, keyword 3 > target 1, etc...)
2) Can SEO footer have more instances of the same keyword in anchor text to target different pages?
(e.g. keyword 1 > target 1, keyword 1 > target 2, keyword 1 > target 3, etc...)
3) Can SEO footer anchor text link to the same page it appears on?
4) Is it better to link all pages on site together via links in SEO footer, or use these to pick like 5 top pages and link to them in every footer?
5) Do SEO footers need to be unique on every page? If so, to what extent?
That about sums up my thoughts at the moment. If we get this discussion going, I imagine we could really come up with a working pattern ;)
Interesting thoughts, but I suspect you are over-obsessing on the footer as an SEO tool; in reality, you need to factor in the Visitor - several of your ideas could make life confusing, and certainly unhelpful.
Also, would you want a 'generic' footer? Different sites have very different needs - some may not require a footer at all!
I have raised this question because It deals with internal links structure and their best SEO use. It is the basics in many ways and still it can get confusing. With many SEO factors I believe you need to know (or at least get a good idea) where is the borderline, so you don't fall over it.