Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: mademetop
I want to try and do a basic SEO automation process for sites I work on to help non technical users leverage better SEO results without having to understand about SEO as part of a basic site builder system.
I know all the basics like good title, Meta tags, Descriptions, Content, Anchor Text, Alt Tags, Keyword Density etc but its putting this into an automated process is what I'm trying to achieve as its very manual at the moment.
I'd welcome comments on the following proposal (I'm excluding actual tools. Its more the steps and what can be accomplished easily that gives maximum results)
1) 5 Keywords are requested and entered on screen
2) Automatically then do some Keyword Research to see how well those Keywords Rank
2a) Possible to some KEI to help the PASS or FAIL or should this be seperated out?
3) Produce simple PASS / FAIL result based on some pre defined critera
4)If FAIL then you can enter new Keywords and repeat until they PASS
5) If they PASS then we store those so when we create other pages that link to this page we use the keywords to build the Anchor links
6) When the Content is added we do a Keyword Density Check and rate the score as a %. We can offer pre define content that will pull in the keywords to generate higher scores if the client can get over 70% themselves
7) Page Title will be asked seperate from all the content so it can be enclosed in a H1 tag
8) At the end of building all the pages when the system detects the site being published it would then automatically submit the sites to a number of search engines.
9) In additional it would add the site to our Site Directory
I'd welcome feedback or comments
If you want solutions like that, there are plenty to start out with already available. Don't expect miracles though. I agree that you need process - but don't rely on a mechanical one.
I am just one opinion though. But if your solution WAS effective, then it would also start to draw attention. "selling text links by formula" is a commoditised case in point.
SEO isn't an automated process. Linking, for example, takes a lot of time because evaluating the potential reciprocal link sites takes time.
When a publisher approaches me about a reciprocal link, I examine his site. How many links are on a single page. 25? 50? 500? I don't care if the links page has a PR of 5. If he has 500 links, my link on that site is devalued.
And what of the site owners who mask their links in java scripts? I look at the source code for each site I consider linking to. Will an automated program do that?
And what about the new sites? If I see a site that's fairly new, I look at how the site owner has constructed it. While the site may have no PR right now, it could do well down the line. Better the honest site owner than someone who will reap the benefits of links now, only to delete his links pages once he's ranking well.
The example of links is just one piece of the puzzle. While I don't have the extensive SEO experience that others here do, I believe that much of the process boils down to subjective decisions that are the reason why some SEO types succeed, and others do not.
Not sure yet. Its more the process I was considering. I'm open to suggestions. I may just look at which ones actually accept submission like this.
Maybe it is the way I wrote it but this isnt a program. Its just a process that would be built into a website builder system to automate as much as possible. Its by no means a perfect solution. Doing it all manually takes time so some parts can be automated. Something is better than nothing so evey little helps. Also I'm excluding backlinks completely in this. Again its only a small part of the over SEO process.