Got a seemingly unique problem with concatenating form variables + the name of the button used to submit.
$word="number"; $number=1; myalbum=$word.$number;
echoing $myalbum gives "number1". No surprises there.
BUT if I POST the form to a php script with the intention of writing to file ONLY the data on row on which the button was pushed, I get problems.
So, let's say I've got 10 rows, and the button for row 5 is pushed. If I get the script to echo what button was pushed ($button), I get "5" back. If I get the script to echo what's in the box in row 5 (in this case, "$number5=5") then by echoing $number5 I get 5.
But if I concatenate $number.$button, I get nothing, when I expect "number5". And yet, if I concat any two parts of the submitted data, it works as expected.
I've been over the variables section at php.net, I've been over the w3 forms tutorials. I've googled. . I've checked and triple checked my spelling.
I even started from scratch - again, it's almost as if appending the value of the button kills the concatenation process.
The output from the form: preset1=Name+of+preset+1&url1=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F1&preset2=Name+of+preset+2&url2=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F2&preset3=Name+of+preset+3&url3=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F3
The code for the form handler:
$myFile = "test.txt";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'a') or die("can't open file");
$stringData = "Preset: " . $preset . " - Title:" . $title . $submitButton . " - Submit Button:" . $submitButton . "\n";
The output from the above: Preset: 3 - Title:3 - Submit Button:3
So, we know it knows what buttons has been pressed. But not the output I expected.
But if I change the line to $stringData = "Preset: " . $preset3 . " - Title:" . $title3 . " - Submit Button:" . $submitButton . "\n";
then I get, as expected: Preset: Name of preset 3 - Title:http://www.example.com/3 - Submit Button:3
But of course, this is no good. I understood that if $preset.$submitButton would be the same as $preset3 if submitButton was 3.
Oh, and I've also tried $thepreset='$title' . $submitbutton; and then using that - all I get is "Title:$title"