Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
I want to track those who are referred from one particular site AND complete a form. I am not sure how to start, but it seems like this is the flow:
1. Get the referrer when they arrive at my site.
2. Make this into a parameter
3. Somehow store this parameter as they browse around
4. Retrieve the parameter when they come to fill in a form
1 and 2 I can do. If I have the parameter stored somehow I can do 4.
3. I am a not sure how to achieve. Any help appreciated.
You are going to need to use sessions [php.net] to track that user thru your site.
Also, I might suggest that rather then grab the referer, which can be unreliable (many people block passing a referer), maybe link with a type of affiliate id, so this site links to you like:
Where foo is what identifies the site that the user clicked thru from.