Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
All is generally well but on a few large scripts i'm getting "Allowed memory size..." errors. Obviously i've upped the allowed memory size but a couple of scripts are still hitting the buffers which isn't good.
This was never happening in php4 so it's difficult to know what the problem is
any help would be most appreciated as always
I know these are fairly heavy on memory, my issue is that i wasn't getting these errors prior to my php5 upgrade whereas i am now even with substantially more memory allocated per script.
select Col1, Col2 from table
around 1000 rows with around 20 fields per row.
it's the same script that didn't miss a beat on version 4 with 8mb per script, now it only manages when it's got 64mb of script memory.
I wonder if my server setup is the issue. I saw there were a number of memory leak issues in PHP 5.2 which were rectified, but this is 5.2.5 and aapprarently they've been fixed.
* With PHP 5.2, some extensions were removed from PHP because
* they were unmaintained or moved to PECL. Our ebuilds reflect
* this: the Filepro and HwAPI (Hyperwave-API) extensions were
* removed altogether and have no available substitute.
* The Informix extension was also removed, as well as the optional
* memory-limit setting: memory-limit is now always enforced!