Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
I posted this in mobile computing and there doesn't seem to be many eyeballs over there. We've developed a site that gathers leads for our clients and distributes them to the client's reps. Currently, the reps need to log in to the site to either accept or reject the leads because if they don't accept them within a few hours, the leads get passed on to the next rep. Because of the time sensitive nature of the leads, we want to integrate an SMS system that would send them an SMS alert along with the ability to reply with a simple "1" to accept the lead or "2" to reject it. Then we need to accept those responses and gather them into our dbase (MySQL) and interpret them accordingly.
I know one of you geniuses out there must have done something similar. Please help me out on this one as I am slamming my head into a wall looking at gateways.
- store leads in db
- send email and check a column as sent
- id in subject of email
- person replies with appropriate response
- email is sent to a processing address which uses [procmail.org...]
- procmail sends it through a script that will process the response
- set column to confirm or resend to next person