There is plenty of good material available - SEO tools, tutorials, article, et al - on keyword research. You have the useful concept of keyword matrix and building website theme with silos.
But how do you incorporate spelling variations across UK and US? E.g., I want to optimize for both 'optimization' and 'optimisation' for <snip>
For a large company, it makes sense to create website directory or separate URL for each country .
For a small business, I would recommend :
- incorporate spelling variations in meta tags : description tag and title tags
- CSS based websites with JQuery effects. You can hide the keyword variations text in layers to display them on click or mouse over for usability reasons.
But the main challenge is copy writing for alternative words or synonyms which mean same thing.
<snip> If you try to optimize all within same page, you will either sacrifice keyword density or user readability.
Solutions could be :
- setup a blog with website and write posts for each variation. Keyword in blog post should link to its landing page in website
- setup separate page in website for each keyword variation.
- incorporate keyword variations in meta tags : description tag and title tags
- Last option is to write <snip> But this makes for inelegant writing
I look forward to comments and suggestions...
Who said SEO copywriting is easy? :)
[edited by: engine at 12:07 pm (utc) on Apr 10, 2010]
[edit reason] Please see charter and WebmasterWorld TOS [/edit]