Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: open
1. Now am getting "30 visits" per day(avg) after ranking at 1st page for <my keyword>.
2. But when i was ranking around 30th to 40th position for <my keyword> traffic was "37 visits" per day(avg).
3. Am not sure where am going wrong:
A) is the keywords that i have been using is not trendy?
B) is it not enough to be on 1st page? or i have to be there on 1st or 2nd position to be eligible for maximum no. of traffic?
C) might be ppl have mentality, companies who are ranking on 1st page could be very expensive...or something like that?
4. or might be it is very early to judge the traffic, as my site reached to 1st page...just 2 weeks ago?
I hope to get feasible answer from the web experts here :)
[edited by: jatar_k at 1:01 pm (utc) on June 19, 2009]
[edit reason] no specifics thanks [/edit]
- Your wording was better than the competition down in 30th but not as clear or as good where you are now.
- The first page can often have a lot of what I call "gunk" like youtube videos, wiki pages and other "not relevant to sales" based sites. If you're now in amongst them maybe you're being more readily missed
- The engine is still in a state of flux and not everyone is getting the same results
- Are other countries getting the same results as you
I have sites that are 1st page on one word biggies which have over 170 million results but the actual traffic is down in 10th place compared to lesser know but more focused long-tail or medium-tail searches.
I would suggest giving it a while longer before taking any decision which could result in your listing going back down.
Simonuk thanks for the possibilities. I was worried that all the research into keywords using Google was flawed and I wasted all my time.