As most of you probably already know, Paul Walker passed away last weekend. While I was a fan of some of his movies I didn't know much about his private life and, as usual, you learn a lot about someone after they are gone.
- Known for random acts of philanthropy
- Founder of Reach Out WorldWide, an aid relief charity focused on bringing first responders to disasters
- Horticulturalist, he owned lots of acres in Carpinteria, near Santa Barbara
- Ocean enthusiast, he wanted to be a marine biologist more than an actor and planned to get it done
- All around good guy, the better half to many friends and family
- A doer, he didn't just fantasize, he acted.
- A popular actor but if you asked about acting he'd just answer your questions. If you asked about his other passions he'd talk your ear off.
The list could go on, and yes he had his flaws too, we all do. Anyway, I've decided that the VERY least I can do is link to his charitable foundation from the footer of my sites, a simple "please donate to roww.org" sort of thing and that's presenting a bit of a problem.
Google, while I don't particularly care if they lie it or not the reality is that a footer link to a charitable trust makes my site seem like a template and the last thing I want is for that to be held against the charity site, and to a lesser extent my own.
Is it safe (according to Google algorithms) to link to a charity site from your pages in 2013/2014? Your thoughts(and experiences) on these types of links appreciated.