Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
joined:June 1, 2013
The competition in this result has done nothing:
* They don't have content on their homepage.
* They're not located in the target country.
* They're not a school.
* I don't know what they are, they don't have info.
* They have a Google Places empty page with a single keyphrase.
I repeat: Their homepage is empty :)
How can I optimise my blank site correctly?
The top ten results are ALL people using a combination of TABS and regular spacing :(
It sucks trying to get the right balance of   vs traditional spacing, and Matt Cutts told me that I can even use lower ASCII characters legally.
Also - Does a TAB count as a space - I heard that if you put 2 TABs and an together in your META KEYWORDS, then Google will ignore the TABS? Is that true?
2) A search for "search engine" gives dogpile.com the top spot for any actual search engine. Google doesn't rate itself on the first page.
@rish3 - i checked the 1st one, I got a weird site #3 that had broken content (actually a bad conversion to utf-8 where the symbols appear instead of ' etc.) - and a double h1 with the phrase repeated 2x at the bottom of the page.
Google has NEVER listed itself first for "search engine"
I'm sure that's on purpose.
The change we launched earlier today was targeting things like payday loans on google.co.uk, and we have more stuff launching in a couple weeks.
joined:June 12, 2013
@jimbeetle - I repeat 'BLANK PAGES MAN :)' That's not an environment to work in.
We are fully capable of getting it back there, but it's how we have to do it now that concerns me.