A question inspired by the conversation in Goodroi's excellent Launching A New Site thread
Hosting: down the years there have been several theories on hosting and how it affects SEO, so which, if any, of the following still have an impact and if so, to what extent?
- Hosting on a shared hosting plan
- Hosting on a dedicated IP address
- Hosting in the country you are targetting
- Hosting in the same country as the domain extension (ie: .com / USA, .de / Germany)
- Linking between sites on the same server
- Effect of mega-cheap hosting (GoDaddy etc)
Anyone care to venture any experiences in 2012/13 relating to these?