Google announced 50 changes for March.
[edited by: Brett_Tabke at 8:02 pm (utc) on Apr 3, 2012]
- Autocomplete with math symbols.
- Improvements to handling of symbols for indexing.
- Better scoring of news groupings.
- Sitelinks data refresh.
- Improvements to autocomplete backends, coverage.
- Better handling of password changes.
- Better indexing of profile pages.
- UI refresh for News Universal.
- Improvements to results for navigational queries.
- High-quality sites algorithm data update and freshness improvements.
- Live results for UEFA Champions League and KHL.
- Tennis search feature.
- More relevant image search results.
- Fresher image predictions in all languages.
- SafeSearch algorithm tuning.
- Tweaks to handling of anchor text.
- Simplification to Images Universal codebase.
- Better application ranking and UI on mobile.
- Improvements to freshness in Video Universal.
- Fewer undesired synonyms.
- Better handling of queries with both navigational and local intent.
- Improvements to freshness.
- Improvements to processing for detection of site quality.
- Better interpretation and use of anchor text.
- Better local results and sources in Google News.
- Deprecating signal related to ranking in a news cluster.
- Fewer “sibling” synonyms.
- Better synonym accuracy and performance.
- Retrieval system tuning.
- Less aggressive synonyms.
- Update to systems relying on geographic data.
- Improvements to name detection.
- Updates to personalization signals.
- Improvements to Image Search relevance.
- Remove deprecated signal from site relevance signals.
- More precise detection of old pages.
- Tweaks to language detection in autocomplete.
- Improvements in date detection for blog/forum pages.
- More predictions in autocomplete by live rewriting of query prefixes.
- Expanded sitelinks on mobile.
- More accurate short answers.
- Migration of video advanced search backends.
- +1 button in search for more countries and domains.
- Local result UI refresh on tablet.
[edited by: tedster at 1:30 am (utc) on Apr 5, 2012]
[edit reason] added links - split thread [/edit]