joined:Apr 8, 2008
Interesting/Weird issue here:
Recently launched about 1000 pages on a new subdomain.
Added some supportive links from my established domain. Set up Google Webmaster Tools for the new subdomain, added a sitemap file to aid in indexation.
Also note that I added rel=canon link elements to the pages.
Now here is where it gets weird: It looks as if all pages are indexed, a site:subdomain.example.com/directory/ shows all pages. We even see some pages ranking.
However the sitemap I added to Google webmaster tools shows ~1000 pages submitted, with 0 pages indexed. No errors, successful submission, successful fetching of various pages.
Running several of the URL through Google searches shows that they do indeed exist in the index, at least I think.