We recently had a site have a large portion of the sites content copied by a few sites. All of our content is now showing up under omitted results when I search for it in "". This all started on the 9th of Feb. One of the sites that copied us is the .ca version and copied our site structure as well as even a slight variation of the logo.
- site:mydomainname returns over 360 pages indexed and in my WMT it's showing the same number of pages indexed
- inurl:mydomainname doesn't bring up our site at all, just where we have links and mentions
- if I do a search like mydomainname.com keyword nothing from our site shows up in the results
- No warnings in WMT at all
- backlinking done over the past few months has been from a few directories, 2 infographics going all over and 2 press releases.
I'm thinking we got spanked for dupe content even though it's ours....currently filing and DMCA with Google. The content that was copied isn't the greatest but it isn't that bad either. 75% of the sites ranking for our keywords are full of dupe content and spammed links.
I thought it might be some link devaluation/filtering and that's possible, but the pages that got copied are completely gone.