Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Some patterns re their traffic drop:
1. Traffic for branded keywords remain strong.
2. Keywords where the landing page is their home page are not affected
3. Keywords for their key products (books) are not affected
4. Keywords most affected pertain to the old papers (2005 and older). These are the oldies but goodies that get the most traffic
5. Names of their experts (those with long bios + long list of papers published) have disappeared; other staff member pages including former experts are still ranking at the top
incredibill I too see dates being displayed in search results for all of the pages for a site that got hit.
I have NO IDEA where Google is getting these dates
Yes, I'm convinced Google has personalization types, and I'd say it's only going to get more granular. The most obvious type is by geo-location of the user, but there are others - especially recent queries and revisions of queries.
The most obvious type is by geo-location of the user
o Any time
o Past 24 hours
o Past week
o Past month
o Past year
o Custom range...
o Sorted by relevance
o Sorted by date
o All results
o Sites with images
o Wonder wheel
o Related searches
o Visited pages
o Not yet visited
o Translated foreign pages
o Reset tools