Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
All my previous sites have been indexed in couple of days time by building backlinks from different older sites, social bookmarking, submitting sitemap, etc., you know the drill.
The last site of mine that was created two weeks ago still doesn't come up with any result in Google when doing site:example.com. When I log into webmaster tools I see that my sitemap info says how urls have been submitted, almost all of them (25), but next to indexed urls is one big 0.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
nope put a site life on Friday, already showing when I search for the url, its really down to the strength of the URL you are getting links from
If the site where your link is only getting crawled once a month its going to take 4 weeks to get your site listed, but a site thats often being crawled you'll be in within a few days ..............as my link was
I wrote to Google using reconsideration form and informed them about what I discovered. Nobody replied, but soon the site turned up in serps.
Oh yes, MSN and Yahoo have done their job, unlike the big G.
It's as if they aren't rebuilding their link/trust map of the internet very often at the moment. Bung something astonishing on a fabulous established site and they are thinking "what's this new thing - not sure we trust this - we'll throw bits of it in at the bottom of the serps and see what happens".
Probably a brand new site would be even slower to launch.
I thought they would eventually rank high, but for my sites it seems the lag is getting longer and longer. I now plan on a 6 month time lag for the rankings to reflect the true value of the pages.
1. pages updated in SERPs within minutes/hours of changes made at my site (5% of pages)
2. pages updated in SERPs in 5-10 days (50% of my pages)
3. pages not updated since mid-September (45% of pages) (last cache dates are Sept 14/15/16/).
I've got sitemaps to draw attention to some of these pages in group 3, but <shrugging shoudlers> nothing I do will shake them out of the September tree...
I had other problems recently, all fixed now, but this slow crawling/indexing cycle is an extra does of misery.
Edited to add: WMT shows a consistent # of pages being crawled daily. It is getting them reflected in the SERPs that's a problem.
Crawling has been sporadic, but in the past week or two barely any at all.
I've got 50 links to the site, xml sitemap, you name it, I've done it.
Here's to hoping for better luck in the new year.