Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
- Nearly all keywords for nearly all sites show about a -50 ranking. Many of them have ranked #1 or at least top 5 for over 2 years.
- All sites run on Wordpress except 2, these suffer from the same rankings drop.
- Sites have varying niches.
- Some sites are new and have no links at all, others have few links, some have a couple of 100 links, mostly from different sources. There are some comment links (only to 2 or 3 sites) from 2 years ago but no black hat stuff at any sites.
- Some sites are interlinked. This only involves very relevant one-way links and most sites are not involved in this.
- All sites have unique content. 95% of all pages have professionally written text (10 - 200 pages per site), pictures and some relevant tools.
- A similar site at a the same hosting company but in another Analytics account does not seem touched in any way from this.
All Yahoo and Live rankings have not changed.
We also run a couple of Adwords campaigns with the same Google user account but they show normal numbers.
All these sites are hosted on a couple of shared hosting servers of the same company. They show no sign of being hacked, and servers don't seem to have suffered from serious downtime whatsoever.
Could this be an Analytics-wide -50 penalty or something?
Some of your insights or other suggestions to check would be greatly appreciated.
Established and very trusted website.
Over 3 years old.
250,000+ recorded backlinks.
3000+ page of unique content of varying topics updated daily.
Rankings complete dropped and getting 5th of the traffic.
Yahoo and Live ranking have not changed.
Contains a lot of affiliate links.
Contains a wordpress blog section.
Other new and avaergae sites we also own have lost rankings on the same day.
This means all of our other KW's ( that were ranking on the front page ) got a huge hit or vanished completely . We did not change large things on the site, just the normal adding of articles, removing dead links etc.. Things I do from the start. The site has links that are well established from various related sites, yahoo shows 17K+ links.
What we know? besides it started on the 26th of October?
Why did the Main KW stayed up in ranking while the rest of the related KW's dropped?
We are all UK based and have good amounts of incoming links from self scripted, high quality articles and industry related forums. We have never paid for a link and have no form of covert SEO, just descriptive text and meta tags.
Finding it hard to see what's going on with this one.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I have three wordpress.com blogs, and I just checked their source codes, and all of the contextual links are still dofollow. Maybe it's because I hand-coded them in html, but in any case none of them has been changed to nofollow.