Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
I'm from India and I'm optimizing a site that has PR3 and ranks in Google First Page Position for various targeted keywords (many of them are quality keywords for our market. In spite of being ranked for targeted keywords we get very few conversions from outside India (only 2-3 per month).
On checking statistics of my site I came to the conclusion that my website is on top only on Google.com and Google.co.in and not many pages of my site rank for the keywords its been optimized for (Only domain name get rank for market specific keywords).
Any good SEO suggestions for pages to rank well?
My main concern to get rank in other locations of Google and other search engines.
How can I get more customers from outside india ?
From other google locations like...google.co.uk, google.fr...etc?
Please give me suggestions. Thanks
[edited by: tedster at 6:22 pm (utc) on Dec. 3, 2008]
[edit reason] I removed some specifics [/edit]
[edited by: tedster at 6:24 pm (utc) on Dec. 3, 2008]
[edit reason] specifics [/edit]
Later you could ask how it will refine search (for eg. co.in - it will be done query/ algorithm based just assumption from me)the answer is I don't know.
[edited by: caveman at 6:39 pm (utc) on Nov. 18, 2008]
[edit reason] Removed link, per TOS [/edit]
- create dedicated/targeted contents for different countries/regions. optimize each page for specific regions/countries.
- complete SEO copywriting for all dedicated pages
- Create your homepage neat and clean, contents must be displayed clearly on the index page. Each area of the page must be shining and visible to the search engines/users.
- use less graphics
Hope this could help you. And please do consider first bullet.
[edited by: tedster at 4:40 am (utc) on Nov. 28, 2008]
2. You pages are more than likely not set-up to convert very well.
3. Your home page cant be expected to rank/convert for all keywords and you should guide your visitors to interior pages better from there.
I mean that a site might have great traffic but nobody is buying
but it could be a number of reasons like to expensive, not enough info on product, confusing order forms, etc.. right?
let me know if I am on the right track!