Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
I built the links steadily over a period of one year and always made sure the websites I linked to were always relevant to my users. Suddenly today I see that my website has disappeared from the search engine for "special widget" (by far the most used query for my niche) although it still appears number 3 for "free special widget". I have lost almost a third of my traffic due to this.
What could have caused this sudden loss of ranking for my keywords? I have not been able to figure out the reason that may have caused this and hence don't know how to fix this. I hope the experts here are able to provide some clues.
Thanks in advance.
- you changed something
- a key page stopped linking to you with the linktext "special widget"
- an important site linking to you got in trouble with Google, so their link to you stopped being counted
- a cross-linking scheme on this subject got nuked, and affects you
- a passing blip, and you'll be back soon
- look into 950 penalties and -30 penalties to see if they apply to you
- your competitors are out-competing you
- a change to the algorithm stopped counting some sort of link you depend on
google are indexing new site every day, and it is the policy to give new indexed site on the top searching position to show google hospitality, that's the reason some times your keywords stand out the queue. but it will turn back to normal after some time.
You are right, I saw many same situation, they are back after some time.