Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Let me take few minutes of time to explain my situation.
Ours is service oriented site, pretty clean site hit hard when Bourbon update, redesigned the site and send for reinclusion, site came in Google Index and was ranking for domain name got PR 5 and PR 4 for internal pages. 2 months back site ranking at 600+ for targetted kw's now kw's are ranking between 50 - 200 and for the main kw its ranking between 350 and 370 consequently for 3 weeks. link: command shows 48 - 56 backlinks, almost all the pages of the site are indexed, caching pages every 4 days. Site ranking very well almost top 10 position for targetted kw's in MSN and Yahoo. We are now very much concentrating on optimizing for Google.
I read all the posted from Google Hot Topics and here is summary of it:
1. All pages are indexed frequently except a few (around 13 pages which are supplementals)
2. Submitted to Google sitemap
3. Added 301 from non-www to www root
4. site: command showing only the www. version of pages all other non-www pages are out of index
5. Absolute linking done for all internal pages and root pointing to the domain with trailing /
6. Checked for duplicate content using copyscape - None found
7. Google Webmaster Link Tool showing 1335 backlinks.
Can anyone here please explain / comment what might be the problem with our site for not ranking high in
After going through the above thread I am guessing that I have to make the pages to be changed by modifying the left nav with repeated key phrase anchor text like
Widget as heading and below
Green and so on