Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
I try and make sure that all my news articles have a related image to go with them - but they never get picked up when they appear in Google News.
Is their any logic to which news topic Google decides to put an image with and if there are any tips to get Google to choose yours. (ie tags etc)
Um... Google News only picks up image from within the news index. So if you are in the new index and you write an article and the article contains an image that is roughly a square, it may be used in Google News results.
I realise this, but wanted to know how Google decides which news image to show, and when to show it.
The square image idea may have some merit.
* Make the image as square as possible
* Ensure the image is relatively small in file size
* The file name should be specific to the article title
* Can't hurt to add alt tags
* Place keywords next to and under the image
* Of course, the article must be about the keyword you want the image to be found for