Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
The site has :
1) barely any content
2) consists of only 6 pages
3) 5 of them have hardly any text
4) Has an Alexa rating (for what it is worth) of 4,300,0005)
5) According to Yahoo Site Explorer has 7 incoming links (not counting links from within its own domain)
6) Counting its own internal links, it has a further 15 incoming links
7) All incoming links (as listed by Yahho) are from sites with a PR of 0
8) Google's site: query lists 30 incoming links, but they are all internal, it lists no sites linking in at all.
9) Home page has PR of 1/10
10) Google does not have a cached snapshot of the page
Sites that rank lower than the one described above are rich, large, fully featured, high content sites simply loaded with information.
It makes the job of trying to compete really difficult if you see a site that seems so rubbish, being ranked at position 1.
What have I missed?
OK - it is not real time but it was the best I could do!
theBear : I wondered if someone had helped the site get to where it is using 'special techniques'. How could I find out? Or should I not care, just shrug my shoulders and get on with my work?
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it and get on with building more quality pages around the subject area described by the key term.