Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
About 8 weeks ago we placed our new site on the domain, which has about 1000 pages of unique product content. Since then we've added a few more solid backlinks, but Google still has not crawled beyond the index.
1. Site has good quality 1-way backlinks
2. Site currently has a PR4
3. Google has indexed and cached the index page
4. Index page terms do rank decently for niche phrases
5. Sitemap submitted and retrieved by Google on numerous occasions
6. No reciprocal or 3-way link exchanges
7. Pages are mostly static and there are no session ID issues
8. Robots.txt is compliant and does not disallow any spiders currently
9. There are no other mechanisms in place such as .htaccess that could disallow Google in any way
I'm concerned that there may be an issue at this point. Is Google just slow to index new sites in light of recent problems or do I have a legitimate concern at this point?
Eventually I was forced to give up on it and use another domain for the project which was indexed fully using the same process of linking, bloggs and Press Release in 4 weeks became PR3 on first little green bar update ( indexed fully 400 pages not good serps results which took a further 5 months )
I am sure that many who do buy existing domains do get quicker results and serps but I think it is a gamble you take.
Googlebot comes by and picks up robots.txt and the index page daily, and the current cache of the index shows August 3.
Could the lack of deep crawling indicate some sort of penalty? I see sites that are a month old fully indexed, so you can imagine my frustration.