Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
(Honestly, what would you do?)
I was optimistic that the office would have forgotten by the time I came back from Greece two and a half weeks later but not a chance.
I was hauled into the office and had a very explicit lecture on the differences between a Transport Workers strike and a General Strike.
The next day he came to work and brought one of those donuts to sit on. I didn't ask any more questions or ask for a doctor's note.
I figured, its either a real excuse (in which case I would feel really sorry for him), or a great fake excuse (in which case I would be telling the story for years).
- woke up feeling so good today I decided to call in well and do something else.
- If it is all the same to you I won't be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.
- When I got up this morning I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the john, but I feel good about it.
- I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. OK?
- Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.
-The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.
- My mother-in-law has come back as one of the Undead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.
- I can't come to work today because the EPA has determined that my house is completely surrounded by wetlands and I have to arrange for helicopter transportation.
- I prefer to remain an enigma.
Sorry, I can't work today. I woke up and started drinking, and now I'm drunk. You don't want me driving your truck, do you?
(and it was true)
Following msg #1
the employee came in today, and not a peep about the friend with a heart attack. hmmmmm.
He apologised to her! ( apparently the day before he had had a very heavy lunch meeting and had fallen asleep in mid dictation during the afternoon ) ..hence her umbrage ..
lady had nerve ..and was worth her weight in gold to the company as "the fixer" ..
She was also usually very sweet natured ..