Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Welcome to Webmasterworld.
Before Expecting to load any PHP scripts there are some points in the checklist which you should make sure they work, before moving ahead.
1) Does your server support php? html files can be run by any server but php files need to have support of php added before they can recognize php language. for example on a windows based server you ll probably have support for ASP and ASP.NET rather then php (usually)
2) If you are not sure if the answer to Question 1 is yes or no, then do this
paste the above code into a file named like test.php
save it, upload it to root of your server, call it and see what it prints out, if you see a long page telling details about php's installation on your server, This means you are ready to rock n roll. BUT in any other case , i mean if you dont see PHP details in browser when you call that file, then be assured that some more work has to be done before going live with php ;)
Let me know about anything you find.
I ll be glad to guide you as long as you say.
But I want to learn how to upload a php page myself. The creator of the directory sent me a php page to upload which I guess should be first saved as a php file. But my notepad cannot save it as php - it can save it either as a text file or as an html file. Therefore, all I get is a page called ...submit.php.htm which shows nothing.
Can you show me how to save this page as a php file?
That is easy!
when you create a file in notepad and intent to save it as a php file, you ll see following three options
when you click to save it
File Name :
Save as Type:
Now do this
1) in filename section enter the filename with .php extensionm like first.php
2) Select the Drop Down box in "Save as Type" and select its option "All Files", which by default would be "Text Documents(*.txt)", after when you select "All Files"
3) just simply save it to the location where you want to.