Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
I'm still looking for something. I wanted to keep my front end in static HTML to allow for better search engine searching and preserve my high rankings in Google.
I've searched far and wide, including all the carts shown in Hotscripts, and failed to find a usable script in Perl or PHP.
The main problems that all or some of the carts had for my needs are:
- Could not use my static html pages and connect to their cart. Required session variables and their own product pages.
- If it was open source code, some of them had the weirdest checkout procedures. It looks as if they had never had a usability test done to them. I checked to see if I could rearrange the checkout, but not possible.
- If not open source, then terrible look and feel to it. Can only add a logo to some of them.
If you find something usable, please let me know. The only alternative I'm considering is Mal's E-Commerce. The biggest drawback is you can only customize the header and footer, but the checkout procedure isn't bad.
1) With their latest release, my customers have to register with a login and password to order. I think customers should be given an option and not be required to do so.
2) It's not possible to keep my pages in static html and just pass product id, price, quantity, return link into the oscommerce cart.
try a site search for oscommerce if you want to know more.
Main things we did:
tweaked the html title
suppressed the session id's
About to quote another osC based site. I've heard there are some new contributions that supposedly do what I had custom done. I'm skeptical but I'll look at them before I pay my programmer for customizations.
Also, there's an available mod for "Quick Checkout" that doesn't require signing up. It seems to work.