Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Those of you that know me, know that I hardly ever start new threads. But I think we have an opportunity here, and I wanted to run it past you all.
A group of us were brainstorming a short time ago, and thinking up ideas for very minor interface changes that could most likely be quickly accomplished, but which would add real value for our advertisers. Or make life with AdWords easier. Or more pleasant. Or more efficient.
You get the picture.
Anyway, in mid-meeting I stopped and said I should ask the folks on WebmasterWorld. Who better, right?
So, we're looking for ideas on the level of this example:
I'd like to see small message next to date range tool, saying that it's setting will stay where the advertiser puts it, until it is actively changed.
It's just a tiny thing, right? But it'd probably help to avoid a lot of confusion over time. After all, how often do we talk on this Forum about making sure someone is looking at an appropriate date range?
Anyway, we're looking for really small 'niceties' such as that. And while I can't make an actual promise that any or all ideas will be implemented, I do promise that they'll be seen by the right people!
Are you game? Give it a shot, and lets see how many we can get by the end of the day! (Or pretty soon, at least.)
Thanks in advance. ;)
Now, I have a problem that has been responsible for several smashed monitors over the months:
1) I'm inside an adgroup for a while. How long, who knows? Time flies! I decide to add/edit some keywords. Although my idle time has apparently been exceeded, it lets me click "Add Keywords". I can enter a long or short list, ponder them for a bit while I'm creating them or just paste and run. Then I click "Save" and back to the login screen!
Obviously, I've figured out to build them first in Notepad, then paste them in, but it's apparent that the 'timer' is not being checked at the "Add Keywords" point and perhaps at a few other events that haven't burned me yet.
Either forbid the initial action or allow ongoing operations to complete, but it's obvious something was overlooked during the design phase.
2) For that matter why can't the timeout period be a tuneable parameter by the client? Unless it already is and I can't find it. Still allowing me the ability to keep an AdWords session open for an extended period while I crosscheck items would be a luxury I'd appreciate.
BTW, what is the current "no activity" timeout?
I would also add few more.
I second patient2all's time out options. Please let us control our own time out limits. Addition: I'd like to return to the page where I left off after a time out. In the correct account when working in a MCC.
Like sanrishi I'd like to recieve a copy of support emails (on the first email address on the form).
Another second: previous/next on the bottom of all relevant pages (where they are upper right now).
In Prepay accounts: a better explanation of what happens and what to do when there is a mismatch between actual amount paid and reference amount, or when the name on the payment doesn't match the account name, or when little mistakes have been made like no ref.# on payment, wrong ref.#, etc).
(Also: better handling of these issues, but that's another team I guess ;) It may take more than a month to solve these things).
Make it possible to add a MCC into another one without help from support. (Generates error message now.)
Incorporate site negatives in keywords tool.
Better explain what broad match means (including the synonyms).
Explain the different types of matches next to 'add keywords' box.
Always reload page (<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">).
(I sometimes get the previous' clients data).
Pauze keywords, pauze ads.
(It's a little bit hard to know what is easy and what is not).
For example, if I'm looking at the Campaign Summary for yesterday, right above the 'yesterday' selection it says "May 17, 2005". It'd save me some time if it read "<<__May 17, 2005__ >>" (with the <<'s being links) so I can easily access the summary from either May 16 or May 18.
I have a pretty good audience over here looking at them, so please keep them coming!
No idea will be turned-away on the basis of complexity, but 'quick and useful' is still our focus over the next few days. Thanks again! ;)
- I second the previous / next date option, maybe next/prev month as well?
- Please make all the date functions available at MCC level as well, now limited to 7/30/90 days.
- Next / prev. client in MCC?
- run all client reports at MCC level over all clients?
which means: let me run a keywords report for let's say disabled keywords for the whole MCC acount (including MCC's inside the MCC), not for 1 client at a time.
- fix bug in keyword & CPC search and replace tools: comma's are not accepted as delimiters, e.g. on the line performace history 0,05 is not accepted as amount. This is strange if you work in Euro's and the comma is used throughout the rest of system.
- same bug/feature in make payment section in prepays accounts?
This will save *a lot* of mistakes in amounts x 100 :)
Yes, I could run a report, but that's no fun. :)
(Just kidding, but it should arrive way earlier so payments can be processed in time.) Make it a function of av. spend/day and time needed to process payment on both clients side and Google's side and everything in between.
This Ad Group contains keywords that aren't performing well. These keywords are currently under evaluation and may potentially be disabled. Please improve the keyword(s) labeled 'in trial' or 'on hold' below.
2. Reports by WEEK.
and one I'm sure has never occured to you:
3. Separate contact info for who manages the account and who is billed for the account.
Example: for a new client one may want to start sending reports every first of the month, but if the first of the month is a Sunday I'd have to work on Sunday to accomplish that for the first time.
Much easier if I could prepare it on Friday and have it run on the 1st of every month (or the 15th, or every Monday, or whenever).
If this already exist, I've overlooked it :)
this would allow advertisers to create two identical campaigns, one for the search network and the other for content. could also be used for separating campaigns (or adgroups) by geotargeting.
1. After LOG IN, it currently takes several clicks to get to my most commonly-inspected campaign results. It would be nice to be able to set it myself so that each LOG IN takes me right to that specific preferred campaign to inspect.
2. When charging the credit card, send an email to my account email, notifying me of the amount and account.
3. I am a human being. Presumably, when I send an email to AW, another human being is reading my email and responding. Give me answers like a human being rather than form-letter comments that do not answer the issues I address.
4. When I point out a clearly irrelevant off-topic, hate speech, or the like kind of advertiser in the AW adspace, I am a human being emailing to (presumably) another human being at Google. That other human being can clearly see that the off-topic (et al) ad is grossly off-topic (et al). So, I suggest that, instead of emailing me back a non-human sounding reply about supposed irrelevant CTR-theory as if the reply is some computer-generated output that has no clue of how to speak to a real human (which G$ currently does), please just do the job as a real person and remove the adspace-destructive cluttering ad which any normal human being can easily identify is clearly irrelevant or destructive to the keyword searches.
(It is maddening, currently, to instead receive back such an obnoxious inhuman reply from Google when any real human with a brain can see the facts presented to you are obvious in an instant. I spent time trying to help G$ and instead I get back insulting inhuman replies and inaction. So, yes, it is maddening.)
5. I would really like to be helpful to G$, but the indifference and inhuman methods of replies and inaction to real constructively helpful issues of relevance (etc.) make me doubtful about any sincerity that G$ will address them. So, my suggestion/request here is to change that by actually addressing the various issues offered or raised by this legitimately concerned advertiser. I really would like a reason once again like and trust G$ like I used to years ago.
I appreciate that an estimate is not a promise, but a lot of people will take it that way (for example, if I got an estimate from a plumber to fix my shower, I'd expect the cost to be equal to the estimate unless something unexpected was discovered while fixing the shower). Anyone who's had to explain to their boss that you can't plan the campaign 'that way' because the Traffic Estimator is inaccurate, will appreciate my request for stronger wording.
It might also be an idea if, for established campaigns, it took into account the actual clicks received on keywords in that account when making predictions.
Put everything in a style sheet and define everything as a class.
Lets say there is SEO company ABC, they have 50 clients and maybe they want to set up each client so they have a look and feel similar to their company.
More importantly, I get the feeling that major adwords users will define their own interfaces and layouts and share them with the rest of the world.
All that would need to be done for this to work is allowing a user to upload a custom stylesheet.
If google does this, they would be lightyears ahead of the competition. Just off the top of my head, i would define a extra column where the keywords are listed. In this column i would call a image on my server that would give me the conversion % for that keyword from my internal tracking system. I would also change the colors etc. You can message me for more details...
Is there anybody interested to know the keyword or keywords that triggered an ad on the content network?
My landing URLs include:
Or are you asking for CTR stats on particular keywords through the content network?