Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: mademetop
I thought its about time I contributed something useful to this forum. Having researched the current best SEO practices (shocked at the lack of resources out there!) I submit my findings. As far as I know this is up to date information, please feel free to put me right if this is not the case.
Also, if anyone knows of a single resource that reports this informtion on a regular basis please let me know. (may be worht me setting up that resource actually)
SEO Best Practices as of 23/10/03:
* Length - 70 characters (inc. spaces)
* Consider alphabetical priority
* Must contain keyword
* 150 character limit
* Do not repeat keywords more than 3 times
* Place most common keywords towards the deginning of the description.
* Maxiumum 200 charcters
* Do not use comma's
* Place most common keywords first
* If possible, consider alphabetical priority
* Do not repeat KW's more than 3 times
* KW density should be between 3-10%
* KW proximity - place KW close to each other
* KW prominence - position KW's as near to the beginning of the content as possible and use KW's as headings
* The first 150 words should explain what the page is about.
* Include a KW in all text links if possible
* Keep body of the text in one or two solid blocks rahter than spreading the text arouund the page.
* Use KW's in Alt tags
* Do not overload the page with different topics, keep each page dedicated to a certain topic.
Thats the basics, please feel free to dispute my findings!
>Do not use comma's
Inktomi is the only major search engine to consider keyword tags and states that you should use commas.